Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Last Day in Japan

You can see how big the bowl is

Udon

After breakfast on our last day in Tokyo we went to Dover Street Market. We visited this fashion forward 7 story boutique when we started our trip in Tokyo and we decided to make one more trip to it. If I was 40 pounds thinner and 40 years younger it would be perfect for me.

We had asked the Concierge at the Shangri-La Hotel for a recommendation for udon. One final bowl of soup for us would be a fitting last lunch. Little did I know this would be the biggest damn bowl of soup I have ever been served. The name of the restaurant isTsurutontan. Apparently they are chain. We ate in the bottom of Tokyo Station and loved it, giant bowls of broth and noodles. Couldn’t finish it.

We left for the Narida Airport at 3pm for 6:30pm flight home. 2 glasses of wine, 1 sleeping pill, and the last I remember was finishing my entre, skipping dessert and hearing the pilot say we would land in Los Angeles in 30 minutes. Perfect way to fly. Cathy and I had a great time in Japan.




No comments: